- Bane’s role- Harley QuinnBane is my favorite character in the batman universe. I couldn’t tell you why exactly… but he is. That love has become even greater after the way Bane was used in the Harley Quinn series, which speaks to my soul. Bane first appeared in the comics in January of 1993 in “Batman: Vengeance of BaneContinue reading “Bane’s role- Harley Quinn”
- The Problem with Kite ManThe relationship between Kite Man and Ivy is problematic to say the least. From attempted date rape and victim blaming to dis-empowerment.
- The C-wordIn season one episode three the focus shifts, to some degree, off the Joker v.s. Ivy v.s. Society struggle that’s the main conflict/struggle of the series as a whole and on to the subject of feminism.
- When I put my academic hat onHey all, After what feels like forever, but was actually closer to 2 and a half months, of co-authoring, researching, and editing I have an article live today over at themiddlespaces.com. It was a honour to work with Andrew Deman on this piece and I could not be more thrilled with the editing and noteContinue reading “When I put my academic hat on”
- What’s on my watch listLike the read list, thought I would give you a peek as to what I’ve been watching lately. Consider these recommendations to watch as well as things that will be a part of future pieces. Harley Quinn (S1 rewatch and staying up to date on S2, hoping commercials were not queer baiting) Batman the AnimatedContinue reading “What’s on my watch list”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.